Apr 27, 2007

Nice UF Fridays - April 13, 2007

Michèle's theme this week is "thirteen", with the additional proviso that the image contain some black. This one took me a while; I'm not superstitious, but wanted to make something that perhaps felt a little spooky. To reflect "thirteen", I used Damien Jones' excellent "deluxe clipping" transformation formula to divide the image into thirteen parts; using this transformation in such a way is not an original idea of mine, rather, it's a technique I learned in Janet Parke's simply outstanding Ultra Fractal Masking course.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the image title comes from the children's book of the same name written by Maurice Sendak (link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_the_Wild_Things_Are).

If you'd like to see the full-size version, just click the image.

No comments: